We are a passionate boutique law firm exclusively working for the shipping, commodities and insurance industries. We are the Mumbai arm of Bose & Mitra, an 85 year old law firm in Kolkata (Calcutta) and maintain a pan India presence. We are the legal correspondents of the North of England P&I Club and RaetsMarine. We are routinely instructed by a majority of International Group P&I Clubs. The firm’s clientele include the largest shipowners in India and largest commodity traders in the world.
Our Senior Partner, Mr. Subir Majumdar opened a Maritime law firm in London, under the banner of Majumdar & Mogilnicki, which was wound up in the year 2001 since the demand in India became greater. Mr. Subir Majumdar, in addition to being qualified in India, is also qualified as an English Solicitor. Mr. Amitava Majumdar (Raja) has over two decades of experience in the Industry. He regularly advises various agencies of the Government of India and various state governments of maritime issues. Mr. Aditya Krishnamurthy has recently been inducted as a Partner after growing with the firm over the past 9 years.
In addition to being Indian qualified lawyers, members of our firm have gained experience by working in overseas jurisdictions such as England and Singapore in firms such as Bentleys, Stokes and Lowless, Richards Butler (currently Reed Smith), Clyde & Co, Rodgers & Co (currently Rodgers Liu & Assoc), Allen & Gledhill, Global Law Alliance and P&I clubs such as the Shipowners P & I club, the North of England P&I club and Steamship Mutual P&I Club. This gives us the added edge to handle cross border disputes and transactions dealing with multi-jurisdictional issues as well as appreciating and understanding the requirements of foreign clients.
Our Team consists of the following fee earners:
- Subir Majumdar, Senior Partner –English Solicitor & Indian Advocate
- Amitava Majumdar (RAJA), Managing Partner –LL.B. from the University of Plymouth (UK)
- Aditya Krishnamurthy, Partner –LL.M. in Maritime Law from the University of Southampton (UK)
- Medha Pradhan – Associate Partner, Ship Sale & Purchase Specialist
- Arjun Joseph Mital (Principal Associate) – B.B.A.-LL.B. (International Law Hons.) from the National Law University, Jodhpur
- Jyotika Jain – LL.M. in Maritime Law from the National University of Singapore
- Damayanti Sen – LLB from the National Law University Odisha
- Anuj Dhowan – LL.B. from the University of Mumbai
- Pabitra Dutta – LL.B. from ILS Law College, University of Pune
- Ruchir Goenka – LL.B. from Amity Law School, Amity University
- Rishabh Saxena – LL.B. from the National Law University Odisha
- Souvik Kundu – LL.B. from ICFAI University, Dehradun
- Rahul Miranda – LL.M. in Maritime Law from the Swansea University (UK)
- Mitali Chakravarty – LL.B. from ILS Law College, University of Pune
- Mayank Suri – LL.M. in Maritime Law from the Swansea University (UK)
- Tripti Sharma – LL.M. in International Business Laws from King’s College, University of London
- Ponnu Tom Padinjarekara – B.A – LL.B. (Hons.) from National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi